This free workshop will help food entrepreneurs (or wanna be entrepreneurs) learn about food microbiology, processing techniques, and the regulatory compliance to create food products that are safe and legal to sell. Includes a hands on activity if you bring in an unopened item that you home processed!
Presenters Dr. Bruno Xavier and Shannon Prozeller from Cornell’s Food Venture Center lead this informative and hands-on workshop. Topics covered include:
- Intro to Food Product Development, Saftery, and Regulatory Compliance
- Product Assessment Exercise
- Product Analysis: pH/water activity/brix
- Formulation review: acidifiers & soluble solids
- Process controls and storage.
Register by calling 716-945-5301 x2211, emailing Kim LaMendola at klamendola [at] southerntierwest.org or scanning the QR code below: