Who to Call

Here is a list of who to call organized by categories:

Farm development

agronomy, livestock production, marketing, insurance, regulations, taxes, pesticide certification, and general education

Forestry management

timber inventory, wildlife issues, pond care, alternative agriculture, permaculture, forest farming and maple production

Contact Cornell University Cooperative Extension of Cattaraugus County
Phone: 716-699-2377

Farm land improvement

(drainage/erosion issues, soil types, nutrient management), conservation programs, seedling tree sales, soil maps, acreage calculations, soil groupings, and Agriculture Environmental Management (AEM)

Contact Cattaraugus County Soil & Water Conservation District 
Phone: 716-699-2326 extension 101

Farmland protection, Agriculture Districts, local agriculture policies

Contact Cattaraugus County Economic Development, Planning and Tourism's Agricultural Development Services

Deer and nuisance wildlife permits

Contact NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Region 9 Office (DEC
Phone: 716-851-7200

Farm loans, disaster payments, crop insurance 


Cattaraugus County Farm Service Agency (FSA),
8 Martha Street
Ellicottville, NY 14731

Phone: 716-699-2375

Federal conservation programs

like WHIP, WRP, CRP, EQIP. Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)

Contact Cattaraugus County Soil & Water Conservation District 
Phone: 716-699-2326 extension 101


If you do not know who to contact then fill out our contact form and we'll get right back to you within 2 business days.

Signup for the Ag Newsletter

Get the freshest farm news, events and updates from in and around Cattaraugus County, NY at least once a month! Go signup!

Other ways to stay connected:

Fresh. Local. From the Ground Up.

Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cattaraugus Counties ... putting knowledge to work