The Cornell Vegetable Program is hosting a Sustainable and Organic Vegetable Pest Management Field Day on August 31, 2016 at the Cornell Lake Erie Research and Extension Laboratory in Portland, NY. Extension Vegetable Specialists, Darcy Telenko, Judson Reid, and Robert Hadad along with Abby Seaman, Vegetable IPM Coordinator, and Cornell faculty Prof. Christine Smart and Prof. Stephen Reiners will be leading research site tours and answering questions on sustainable and organic pest management options for fresh market vegetable growers. Information will be provided for both conventional and organic growers at all levels of expertise. DEC and CCA credits have been applied for to be available for this field day.
- Weed Management in Sweet Corn, Pumpkin, Winter Squash and Root Crops
- Disease Management in Organic Cucumber and Tomato Production
- Vegetable Disease Control Update
- Insect management and Specialty Crop Vegetable Variety Demonstration
- Improving Fertility Management in Vegetable Crops
Pre-registration $25 CVP enrollees/$35 all others, includes steak dinner and handouts. Pre-registration required by August 25, 2016. Call 716-652-5400 or online at http://cvp.cce.cornell.edu/event.php?id=565
Walk-ins welcome to join the program $35 at the door, but will not receive dinner ticket unless pre-registered by Aug 25, 2016.